When regular, trusted staff with access to sensitive information, either accidentally or maliciously, allow information to fall into the wrong hands, the damage can be devastating.
And since 7 out of 10 employees have access to information they shouldn’t, accurately controlling who has access to what is extremely difﬁcult for lots of reasons:
- Staff who get disgruntled and act maliciously
- Staff are too busy to think about security implications
- Constant business change – teams, ofﬁces, customers, assignments, mergers, levels, roles – things change every day
- Massive and exponentially growing volume of information
- Data spread across multiple systems, both on-premises and in the cloud
- IT teams not having the time to closely understand the data they’re responsible for securing